From WikiApiary, monitoring the MediaWiki universe
Welcome to WikiApiary!
Welcome to WikiApiary, a wiki that collects, displays and analyzes information about the usage and performance of 21,643 independent MediaWiki installations as well as 7,611 wikis running in 228 wiki farms; and growing every day! WikiApiary is a great place to see what other wikis are doing, see where 8,737 extensions and 3,347 skins are being used. Start your discovery tour and browse through the sites listed on the main page, explore what they are all about and get some inspiration.
Thank you for registering! Please add your website to WikiApiary, if it isn't already here, to see important information about it at a glance, e.g. editing activity, etc. In the future WikiApiary will be sending out notifications that will greatly help wiki administrators and editors keep an eye on their sites. You can register for them while adding your website. If you are a wiki maven and routinely discover new wikis, use the WikiApiary bookmarklet to easily add wikis you discover as you browse the web — it only takes a couple clicks to add a site using this!
There are also mailing lists for WikiApiary. For general discussion sign up on the wikiapiary-l list. If you would just like announcements, wikiapiary-announce is the list for you. If you are interested in helping build WikiApiary, check out wikiapiary-dev.
You can also show the world your site is monitored and share your support for WikiApiary by adding the Monitored by WikiApiary icon to your wiki footer!
I have just seen that you are a system admin for Miraheze. It will be cool if you could add the wikis new to that farm as they come to life. Will be cool! Thanks and cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 21:58, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Sure, but I think we should handle already created but unlisted ones ;) How do Wikiapiary handles private wikis? — revi 22:06, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Great! :) Currently WikiApiary does not handle private wikis at all. I think there is an open issue at GitHub for this. Cannot remember though. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 15:27, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, CC me via
@reviwhen you found it. Meanwhile, there are several works to do so adding wikis to wikiapiary will be bit slow, since everything is manual. — revi 16:38, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
- I will do when I see it. Just started following you on GitHub with @kghbln. No worries, take your time. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 20:16, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, CC me via
Translations to Korean
- Just wanted to say I'm doing it, but it is low priority than miraheze wiki import /dump generation (this is wikiteam stuff but related since wikiapiary has wikiteam entry). — revi 17:43, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
Setting collection intervals
- Thanks, I was just curious. :-) — revi 09:00, 25 October 2015 (UTC)