From WikiApiary, monitoring the MediaWiki universe
|Next month →|
Collecting every 4 hours
I just adjusted the crontab for User:Bumble Bee to only run every 4 hours. When there were around 100 sites it was running every 15 minutes. A couple weeks ago I moved it to 1 hour. Today as more sites are activating I'm moving it to 4 hours. 4 hours is the default time that sites will get updated. As soon as the new version is running that uses the Project:Current bot segments they will be running every 5 minutes, but only collect using Property:Check every, which the current version ignores. Thingles (talk) 15:19, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
Over 1000 extensions!
Improvements to Template:Extension
I made modifications to Template:Extension and Form:Extension. The form now has proper fields to add authors and extension types so these should no longer be stored in the Tags field. The tags should be used for tagging just like Category:Website uses them. The cooler part is that Template:Extension will honor those fields, but if they are not present, it will query the Extension data pulled from each site and create the values on it's own. So, now WikiApiary has very complete data (if messy) for that. You can tell if the data is automatically pulled because it is in italics. This is pretty cool. There are also additional boolean fields added to Category:Extension entries to indicate if the URL, Author and Extension type were "override" values from the form (True) or automatically generated (False). Now even extensions only used on 1.7% of websites in WikiApiary, like Extension:Facebook Connect Plugin have full information, notably with links back to mediawiki.org! Thingles (talk) 02:14, 31 January 2013 (UTC) PS: You will note that when people put wikitext around their author names that makes things very screwy. The easiest thing to do for now is to override the values by putting it in the form.
- This is kind of cool, now we can use tags for fun things. I just add a bundled tag for all the extensions that are now bundled with MediaWiki. Thingles (talk) 02:43, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
Bot segments to 9
I modified WikiApiary:Bot segments today and changed from 6 to 9 bot segments. I want to make sure that all bot segments stay less than 1,000 websites.
Note that this is always visible in realtime at WikiApiary:Current bot segments.